Looking for a comprehensive resource to help you master insurance sales training?
If so, you have found the right blog post!
In today’s article, I detail a variety of free insurance sales training resources, dedicated to helping you become a top producing insurance professional.
We’ll provide in-depth resources for the following insurance sales training subjects:
- Why Sell Insurance
- Appointment Setting
- Presentation Training
- Building Rapport
- Fact Finding
- Business Management
- Staying Motivated
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Selling insurance is one of the most lucrative businesses to become apart of.
Here’s a few reasons why you should seriously consider entering the insurance business:
- The Corporate Financial Services Institute ranks insurance sales as one of the top five highest paying jobs in the Financial Sector.
- US News ranks insurance sales as the #2 Best Sales And Marketing Jobs and #11 Highest Paying Jobs Without A Degree
- The average insurance agent is 59 years old, with many likely retiring over the next 10 to 20 years, leaving a huge opportunity for licensed and newly-licensed agents to grow their clientele.
- American population is slated to grow by 50 million from 2020 to 2040. Literally all Americans are prospects to sell insurance to.
- It’s relatively simple to get started selling insurance. Get your insurance license, take the test, and find a reputable insurance agency that will train you how to sell.
Here’s a resource list of podcasts, videos, and other websites that will help you expand your understanding and excitement in the long-term opportunities insurance sales provides its agents:
- If You Work in Insurance, This Should Be the Only Article You Read on the Future of Social Media
- Agents of the Future: The Evolution of Property and Casualty Insurance Distribution
- 2020 Insurance Outlook: insurers adapt to grow in a volatile economy
Generating insurance leads is the lifeblood of all agents, regardless of what line they sell.
As an agent, you must find a paid or free lead generation strategy that predictably produces interested prospects on a frequent basis, if you want a chance of succeeding.
Embracing lead generation early on as a new agent is vital. Below are resources that will help you understand more about insurance lead generating:
- The Ultimate Guide To Insurance Leads
- 7 Lead Generation Tips for New Insurance Agents
- Best Ways to Find Life Insurance Leads
- Top Insurance Leads Providers for 2020
- How To Generate High-Quality Insurance Leads!
- How to Generate 150 Organic Insurance Leads a Month
Setting appointments via phone or door knocks is a critical insurance sales training skill to develop.
As many top producers will say, much of the success comes for the ability to set a high volume of appointments from the leads they generate.
Below, you’ll find a complete list of resources to better understand how to set appointments like a pro (over the phone, face-to-face, with or without a lead), as well as sample scripts to help you along:
- Appointment-Setting Tips For Selling Insurance
- Insurance Appointment Setting By Phone Role Playing [Deep Dive Training]
- Insurance Appointment Setting Scripts and Tips
- Learn The Best Life Insurance Appointment Scripts…
- Best Script for Setting a “Final Expense Insurance” Sales Appointment
When starting your insurance sales training, you must embrace the importance of building a strong relationship with your future client.
In fact, you must intentionally build rapport to differentiate yourself from the typical salesperson, while simultaneously building trust, so the prospect can rest assured your recommendations are to enhance her needs, not yours.
Below are a list of resources that will help you understand how to build both rapport and trust effectively:
- Top Insurance Sales Rapport Building Questions
- 5 Ways To Build Trust And Rapport Quickly
- 6 Insider Insurance Selling Tips for Building Rapport in Telesales
- Insurance Agent Sales Training: How To Build Rapport And Trust
- Life Insurance Sales Training | Strategy to Build Rapport Like A Pro
Bottom line, there is no more important sales skill than learning how to effectively pre-qualify your prospect and to gather facts on the client.
The more information you know about your client, the more rapport and trust you develop, not to mention the better position you’re in to offer a great insurance policy matched exactly to his needs.
Below you’ll find a list of resources that better describe both pre-qualifying your client as well as fact-finding:
- How To Close 9 Out Of 10 Insurance Fact Finding Training Videos
- Life Insurance Questions To Ask Clients – My Top 21 Favorite
- This Confidential Questionaire: Qualify Your Prospect Upfront
Presentation And Positioning
An effective presentation positions yourself and your product as the obviously best choice for your client to select.
In its truest form, a solid insurance sales presentation does not use high pressure.
Instead, it is a low-key, educational presentation that informs the client of his options, and provides sensible solutions.
The best presentations solidify trust and perceived expertise, paving the way to closing the sale effortlessly.
Learn more about different insurance sales presentation strategies below:
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Life Insurance Sales Presentation
- 4 Tips for Making a Better Insurance Sales Pitch
- Don ‘t Let A Weak Presentation Kill A Sale
- #1 Final Expense Sales Presentation in the Industry…
Traditionally, the closing and objection-handling stage in presentations was considered the most important part of the sale.
Nowadays, with the advancement of advisor-based sales strategies, most insurance agents including myself think closing isn’t nearly as important.
However, you do need to understand the basics of asking for the sale, as well as how to overcome the most common sales objections with a simple process.
Check out the resources below to help you with closing and objection-rebuttaling:
- Insurance Sales – How to Overcome the Top Three Objections
- The 7 Most Common Sales Objections by Prospects & How to Overcome Them
As the old saying goes…
The policy that STAYS, is the policy that PAYS!
That’s why learning how to maximize retention, minimize lapses, and becoming a well-organized insurance sales person is vital to your success.
See the resources below to help you do that!
While I’ve never been a huge “rah-rah” type of guy, it’s important to master yourself to master the business of selling insurance.
I tell agents to expect a time in their career where they seriously consider quitting the business because of frustration or fatigue.
Knowing how to manage yourself and staying motivated despite the circumstances is paramount to long-term success in this business.
Check out the videos below to help you stay the course:
Insurance Telesales Training
With Covid-19 making waves across the nation in the Spring of 2020, agents’ interest in telesales has increased precipitously.
While sales is sales, telesales IS different. And it’s important to prepare accordingly to sell insurance in this unique medium.
See the resource links below for more information on final expense telesales:
- The Ultimate Guide to Selling Insurance From Home
- Tips For Selling Insurance From Home
- Final Expense Telesale Tips
- A Crash Course In Final Expense Telesales
Would you like to contribute a helpful article, video, or podcast to this page?
As long as the resource is helpful to agents, I will be happy to include it.
Simply reach out to me here.
Hope my insurance sales training resource guide helps!