Quick navigation links for this article:
Employees at American Family Insurance give the company an average to high rating. The company received 3.6 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor and 3.7 out of 5 on Indeed.
American Family Insurance sells 16 main categories of insurance, some of which have various products available:
- ATV and Off-road Insurance: Protects your off-road vehicles.
- Boat and Watercraft Insurance: Covers physical damage, property damage, medical expense coverage, and bodily injury liability.
- Car Insurance: Customizable coverage that compensates you for damage to your car.
- Commercial and Business Insurance: Coverage that protects the building as well as assets within a business or commercial property.
- Condo Insurance: Similar to home insurance but adapted for condominiums.
- Farm and Ranch Insurance: Coverage that protects your home, as well as your farming operation.
- Health Insurance: Health insurance includes Medicare supplement insurance, short-term health insurance, supplemental insurance, and group health insurance.
- Home Insurance: Home insurance provides coverage for your building, property, and possessions.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance provides compensation to the beneficiary if the policyholder dies. Options include simplified term life insurance, term life insurance, whole life insurance, children’s whole life insurance, senior whole life insurance, and DreamSecure flexible life insurance.
- Mobile and Manufactured Home Insurance: Similar to home insurance but adapted for mobile and manufactured homes.
- Motorcycle Insurance: Similar to auto insurance but for motorcycles.
- Renters Insurance: Renters insurance covers personal property that is damaged due to covered events.
- RV Insurance: Coverage for motor homes.
- Snowmobile Insurance: Similar to auto insurance but for snowmobiles.
- Travel Insurance: Insurance that provides coverage for unforeseen complications during travel.
- Umbrella Insurance: Provides extra protection, supplementing other insurance policies.
American Family Insurance does not go into much detail. Still, it does show that machine learning and artificial intelligence are both part of its efforts to innovate. The techs can help agents find prospects.
Additionally, most American Family Insurance agencies include a marketing specialist’s role. The specialist helps develop and implement targeted lead generation programs. This helps identify new prospects as well as assist with cross-selling.
Special Marketing and Sales Programs
The use of AI and machine learning at American Family Insurance also extends to sales management and marketing, although there are no available details on how.
The previously mentioned marketing specialists also help with targeted marketing.
American Family Insurance does not specify its commissions. It does state that reaching business goals can help you earn incentives, including financial bonuses and travel opportunities.
According to information on Indeed, insurance agents have an average salary of $46,700, although it can be as high as $108,000.
American Family Insurance is not a scam, MLM, or pyramid scheme, as it has more than 8,000 corporate employees in addition to its agents.
It is also a growing enterprise, in position 311 on the Fortune 500. Additionally, the company has been in business since 1927, providing additional confidence in its stability.
I hope you enjoyed my article on American Family Insurance.
My goal was to provide clarity and transparency on how the company works, and what circumstances you need to be aware of.
And feel free to leave a comment below. Or message me here.